Re: Quickee Windows Laptop Looping advice sought from the Oldbies on this list

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 10:23 AM, Rick Walker <looppool@cruzio.com> wrote:

> At the same time I don't know if the AMT Turion Dual Core processor will
>be
> a good solution for real time audio manipulation.

I have no idea either, but that seems to be he main point here. Try
free up some time to google the issue!

There was a time when the Intel processor was a better choice because
of the available routines that would let programmers optimize their
software code to be run more efficiently on this processor, by having
the code call certain processor built-in shortcuts to execute certain
tasks faster. For some reason more software developers cared to
support Intel's optimization routines than AMD's, which led to more
applications offering the user a higher rate of "bang-for-cpu-cycles"
on Intel, although AMD produced some processors that boasted more raw
power. But as for today, I have no idea if software code CPU
optimization really plays a major role any more.

Also, the heat issue has been to Intel favor. Google on that as well.
Check for good articles at the usual hardware sites like Tom's
Hardware, http://www.anandtech.com/, www.laptop.net/ etc

Also, check those companies that sell pre configured PC's for music
applications. Do they sell this model?

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen