Re: Optimizing Windows for looping

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 1:35 AM, Charlie Milkey <pilotcp@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Anyways, I like windows, but
> I have an issue with all the background processes and all the extra space
> windows takes up. Does anyone have any tips to fine-tuning windows so
>that
> really all that runs is bidule and the VST's and VSTi's and nothing else?
> (or at least nothing unnecessary?)

You don't have to go into system tweaks for a stable XP audio rig.
Back in the days when Windows XP was new, many people looked into
system tweaking just by old habit, since that had been the trick for
making Windows 98 a much better audio system. My XP laptops for audio
are stable and this is all I do to them:

- Deactivate CD/DVD burner.
- Deactivate all network hardware.
- Turn off screen saver.
- Turn off energy saving programs.
- Set the "skin" to the least CPU intensive ("Classic" with no animations
etc)

Do not upgrade Windows. Do not install any other software than the
applications you need for the music rig. If some music software needs
an online authorization I temporarily activate the network port to do
this.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen