Re: Quickee Windows Laptop Looping advice sought from the Oldbies on this list

Dear Rick,

it makes me really proud to read that message of yours, taking into
account that in my very last private message to you I (once again)
suggested you should go laptop, finding yet another obscure reason why
this might make sense.

I guess you are aware of the fact that you should use an external audio
interface for this - just checked the specs for it and found it has
Firewire onboard (which isn't true for all laptops), so you should be safe
(unless it's a chipset conflicting with the interface chipset you're using
that is...)

The power of the machine (CPU, main memory) should be sufficient for what
I'd assume you need to do.

The second last I heard about CPUs was that at least in the high-end
department, Intels were superior to AMDs. The next thing I heard was that
in the cheaper department, AMDs would give you more bang for the buck.
Still, there is none of these CPUs that completely sucks or excels at
realtime audio/video/bookkeeping/porn watching/whatsoever.

The only question mark that's left - I don't know about Acer's
reputation...anyone?

               Rainer