Re: MacBook

Check out the Edirol FA66, it's 2-in/2-out (analog) firewire interface,
lists for about $300. A client of mine was putting together a home studio
setup, and I suggested the MOTU Ultralite, but his Sweetwater rep talked
him into the Edirol. So far, it works great, low latency, decent sounding
preamps, and no driver issues on either mac or PC. It's also very small,
and seems very solidly built. I'm considering getting one for my laptop.