Re: Six output guitar pick-up. Good for

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 10:19 PM, Mark Smart <marksmartus@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh yeah...another disadvantage of a hex pickup at the neck position is
>that
> the volume of a string drops noticeably when you bend it away from the
> normal position. Again, I don't mind this because I'm playing jazz and
>don't
> bend much. It's much more important to me for the octave divider not to
> bounce.

Yes, that's an interesting issue! Wouldn't be much of a problem for me
I guess, since my dream for a multi output guitar would be to run each
string into its own looper. I bend pretty far on the strat so some
notes would gliss up and disappear form the loop only to appear
magically in a different loop somewhere else, later in the music. Not
worse overhearing leakage than I have with stage monitors when looping
flute. Actually I think audio leakage in looping can sound
interesting. Not if it happens all the time though - but if used
intentionally. I mean, if not bending you won't have it. As with a mic
on stage - if not opening your mute pedal you won't have the leakage
either.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen