Plug-ins, effects - what's in your basic tool box?

Hi,

>From reading he list I'm under the impression that many members are
looking for some special effects, since there is such a big interest
in free VSTs? I'd like to suggest that we discuss what we have in our
tool boxes! Plug-ins, stomp boxes or rack devises - it's all the same
musical functions that you may chain together in different
combinations.

Here's what I use:

- Parametric Equalizer,
- Compressor,
- Reverb,
- Delay,
- Harmonizer,
- Distortion,
- Filterbank,
- Ring Modulation,
- Noise Gate.

With these nine units I am fully confident that I can patch up all the
sounds I will every want to play with.

When it comes to a plug-in host application I favor those with an open
patching environment. I like my laptop to be just as simple as the
classic studio environment: (1) Audio Source Input, (2) Mixing Console
with signal routing capabilities and (3) Effect Rack.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)