Re: Just got this video into YouTube

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 4:42 PM, Jeff Duke <jeff_d@embarqmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Per, watching now, great stuff. Whats that attached to your
>headstock?
> Sustainiac?
>
> Jeff

Oops, I forgot to mention that I use a Sustaniac C. It's the
electro-mechanical sustainer; you clamp a transducer to the headstock
that induces sympathetic vibrations into the wood of the instrument
according to the string vibration. The feel, when playing with it, is
close to the feel of playing at very loud volume, except for the fact
that you are not able to "play the feedback tone" by modifying the
guitar's position and angle in the air. A cool thing with the Model C
is that it offers an effect loop to put something into the signal
chain that feeds the string vibrations to the transducer on the
headstock. The typical trick is to use a wha pedal in that loop and
sweep the feedback tone through the spectrum of overtones. I have not
gotten into that yet, since my feet and hands are already tied up by
controlling the looping. But that's something I will definitely get
dirty with in the studio.

Per