best replacement for Digitech PDS 1002?

  I have been using 3 Digitech PDS 1002 pedals for around 15 years for
looping and have developed my style around them, but they have gotten
sooooo noisy (especially strung together) that I am looking for a
replacement.

   The way I use them is to fill the sample memory with silence then
set the mix to 100%, then whatever signal I have going in is silent
until i do a quick double click and I can grab a short sample which is
all you then hear in the loop. repeat as needed.

    Do any of the newer pedals allow one to do this? I haven't found
many that have a mix control.  Any advice would be appreciated.
Cheers!  -potpie