Re: New software looper

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 7:05 PM, Peter Nyboer <pete@lividinstruments.com>
wrote:
> Hi Loopers,
>
> I'm Peter Nyboer, programmer for Livid Instruments - fellow San Jose
> resident (San Josean? San Joser?) Tim Thompson let me know there was some
> talk here about Livid Looper.  Thanks for checking it out.

Is anyone successfully getting live audio input recorded? I'm on a
MacBook here and LividLooper does indeed recognize my soundcard input,
since it is appropriately displayed by the Input Meters module. I'm
following the manual precisely: clicking the "Rec" button and waiting
for it to leave the yellow status to record in the green status. But I
see or hear no indication that my mic input is being recorded.

I can't find a way to set the tempo by the action of recording audio -
is that possible? I would prefer that as opposed to manually setting
the tempo in advance and then having to "guess on a silent
click-track" for the first recording. Ideas?

It's a very good and understandable manual BTW! Great idea with that
first GUI figure with characters that are used in the following text
as headers for each part giving a closer look at that particular
section. This concept is also used by the Swedish Income Tax
Authorities! (now dig that ;-)

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen