OT: DIY Music Room sound-proofing

Greetings from Wyoming,

Hmmm.  My goal is to deflect/absorb sound in such a way to eliminate the garish standing wave in my music room.  Aside from costly commercial panels available for purchase ($$$!) can anyone share their personal DIY approach to sound proofing a room?

I'm looking for suitable materials, not schematics... i.e. egg crate mattress foam; molds filled with foam; or pad material of some sort.  Any stories, attempts, or practical experiences appreciated.  Gratsi!

Ty,
^|>^m