Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2008 10:30 AM
Subject: Re: Just got this video into YouTube

One EXTRA PLUS is that if I just switch it on and let it go.. after a few seconds of strings fighting for attention, its always the B string that takes over and becomes dominant. I NEVER used to play in B,(always A or E or D) but I tried B because of this, (thinking that if the guitar was alive its favorite key is B, so I better not argue with that) and now I have discovered the wonders of playing in B!! Now my favorite key!

Drone on!!

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 11:15 AM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 1:01 AM, Jeff Duke <jeff_d@embarqmail.com> wrote:

> Have you ever played with the Fernandes sustainor setup? It does have a
> harmonics mode
> where it jumps up an octave. I wonder how it would feel in comparison. I
> love the idea of an fx loop on the sustainac c. Maybe an auto wah/envelope
> filter would help
> to free up the feet.

Yes, I did a thorough shot-out of all systems for a guitar player
magazine article two years ago. Personally I don't like the Fernandes
as much as the Sustaniac C, but I know other players that are happy
with the Fernandes. I borrowed a guitar with the Fernandes already
mounted, that's a good way to find out "how it feels". My experience
is that the Fernandes is "cleaner" and "less organic". That probably
comes from the fact that the vibration feedback is transmitted
magnetically. The Sustainiac C does it mechanically through the wood
of the neck and of course that must color the process in some way.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)