Re: B!!! It just rocks! (Re: Just got this video into YouTube)

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 8:29 PM, Travis Hartnett
<travishartnett@gmail.com> wrote:
> I guess you guys never back any singer-songwriters.  They're always
>capoing
> up two frets and fingering in A...

I've been backing quite a lot of singer-songwriters, even gold selling
folks. "Two frets up and fingering in A" equals B in my book. And I
think B is a good key for backing on a guitar; you can use both the
the open B and E string for playing two- or three string melody licks
that is both covering the chord changes and working as comments on the
vocal phases for variation. B is guitar friendly key.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)