Re: I/O was: Guitar Rig

Richard,

> Well, isn't bringing in a direct signal to Ableton and
> then spitting it back
> out to a guitar amp essentially reamping?
>
> What are those little boxes doing?  Changing impedance,
> I'm sure from lo-z
> to hi, but are they doing anything else?

You are exactly correct. For re-amping, I use an X-Amp from Radial
Systems. I'm not sure what exactly it's doing, but it is an active box,
and sounds perfect. It's a little pricey, though. Not sure what' in there
besides a transformer. You might find a schematic somewhere online.

I got the Radial Systems unit on the advice of a producer pal of mine.
He's never steered me wrong on gear.

-George