RE: line 6 M13

It may take a little longer as I’ve just been informed that the M 13s are out of stock at my supplier, but a quick restocking is expected.

Jeff, my plan is to use the M13 in my band in place of the Pod XT Live, which has served as my pedalboard in front of a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe for several years.  I don’t loop with the band—yet.  The main reason I’m hoping to upgrade is to have access to the delays in the M, and the ability to hook it to the amp using the 4 cable method.  I have to say that the XT Live has been excellent for a digital device, trouble free and easy to adapt when necessary.  I have dialed in amp models on some patches, but since the unit feeds the front end of the Fender Deluxe, a little goes a long way.  One great usage I’ve found, however, is to set up the patch with overdrive, compression, modulation and delay to taste, then to add a transparent-as-possible amp model as a volume boost to switch on for soloing.  It will be interesting to replace this with the M13…

Dennis, I will be running in mono, so I won’t have stereo comments.  Also, my looping gig and rig is much different from many of you I read on LD.  I perform in a progressive blues/jam/jazz-ish/occasional-ambient format that is basically a one man band.  The rig is guitar>Vox Tonelab>Mackie 1402VLZ>EDP>Bose L1, with extra pedals used for octaves, eq and verbs.  I won’t be using the M13 in this environment, but am replacing the old blue Tonelab with a new Tonelab LE.  The old one has been great, but the LED is unreadable under stage lights or sunlight, and lately it has developed a high frequency oscillation that is really piercing and hard to get rid of.  Between the new Tonelab for the solo rig and the M13 for the band, I’ll be putting in a lot of programming hours.

dave

Dave,

Do post a review as soon as you can ... 28 second loop ... hmmm ... and STEREO.

Dennis