Re: Tapping into your musical/improvisational ideas and skills for my classroom!

Several things that come to mind are to explore rhythmic ideas
anybody can clap or stomp and bang on found objects.

Some rhythmic ideas ideas might  be gleaned from here http://
www.ancient-future.com/atfp.html  There's some stuff online as well
as a book/CD you can order.

There is a pdf you can download and print of Terry Riley's in C that
might be fun to try with a class.   http://www.otherminds.org/shtml/
Scores.shtml