Re: DOES YOUR TOURING RIG DIFFER FROM YOUR HOME RIG?

Interesting poll! I'm looking forward to hear about other player's
strategies.

My gig/touring setup does differ from my home (rehearsal) setup only
in one aspect: I bring less instruments. As for the electronics I loop
and mangle with it's exactly the same. The physical instruments tend
to not go with me for gigs if they are too big, too heavy or too slow
to set up at the stage of any particular gig. For example, using
guitar at a busy outdoor venue has a low priority because there will
be difficult to keep your hands clean. And also, for playing guitar
you really need to keep your body relaxed and in balance. It will ruin
the music to play guitar with hands shaking after hauling heavy and
dirty gear. A lose-lose situation I avoid. Smaller instrument tend to
go out more often. Here's a listing of my instrument's frequency of
gigging:
Alto Flute, EWI, Tibetan Singing Bowl, Tenor Sax, Fretless Sustainiac
Guitar, Stratocaster, Acoustic Guitar. The favorite small setup of
mine is Alto Flute + EWI. The EWI is both a synth and a MIDI
controller which makes it double as many instrument in one physical
shape, thanks to a bunch of virtual synths and samplers in the laptop
that also hosts the loopers.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen