Re: Echoplex DPP and stereo

I'm just about to pull the trigger on this faderfox box, Per, it's just so very expensive.

I'm thinking from the description, that the LX2 micromodul is what really takes care of all of these 'focus' problems with live as far as visual feedback goes.  My chief difficulty when playing is not being able to focus on clips or effects or tracks at will, without so many extra button pushes...  If you have just a moment, can you describe some of the ways the second module really impacts you?

thanks so much,  Todd

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 1:11 PM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 6:53 PM, Joshua & Jennifer Easley
> Per, thanks for the reply. A "stereo creating device", and/or a
> creative routing configuration, is exactly what I'm looking for.
>
> Hmmm, I've never heard of a filter bank before.

Here's the one I had:
www.vintagesynth.com/akai/mfc42.shtml

> How did you change your
> setup after you disposed of it?

I assembled all parts as software and put it all inside a laptop where
I also do the signal routing for  my sound. I went from this rack:

http://www.looproom.com/bilder/looping_rack.gif

...to this:
http://www.looproom.com/bilder/fadermob.jpg

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)
www.myspace.com/perboysen
www.stockholm-athens.com

--
September at Le Poisson Rouge with David Little and Newspeak, as well as Neil Rolnick's Economic Engine. In New York from the 1st to 17th.

http://blog.toddreynolds.com
http://myspace.com/toddreynoldsmusic