CT-Collective - ReUse project call for composers

I am leading a new CT-Collective project that I titled ReUse.  It's theme is ....

ReUse, a Chain-Tape-Collective project CD focused on pieces of music made from things that are often thrown away after one use.

Not a lot of rules here other than produce a piece of music from things often thrown away by our society on the idea that we are giving something whether of musical sound or not in itself a 2nd life.  My inspiration was while waiting on the subway one more I had a disposable plastic ice tea cup in my hand and I happened to move the straw getting the sound gen'd by friction of plastic.  I later heard a story maybe on this list or somewhere where someone had taken an old car that was worn out and broke it up making something musical of it.

We are at http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/CT-ReUse/ and currently 13 members.  I'm thinking of closing the door at 16 which would leave composition time @4min.  Should there be a great rush of interest from the community I would consider expanding to two volumes.  Tenative deadline for project delivery end of the year to mid January.

This is my first CT-Collective as a curator/leader, second to participate in after Krispen's inspiring BUGS...

Jim

--
The Acoustic World Guitar of Jim Goodin - http://www.jimgoodinmusic.com
MySpace (solo) - http://www.myspace.com/jimgoodinmusic