Re: Tapping into your musical/improvisational ideas and skills for my classroom!

Hi Margaret,

Some great instrument making resources that you may want to check out:  Sound Designs by Reinhold Banek & Jon Scoville & Musical Instrument Design by Bart Hopkin (this is the best reference book on instrument design I’ve ever seen).  Also, check out http://windworld.com/, this is the home of the infamous magazine Experimental Musical Instruments.  Bart Hopkins runs the page and he’s got some great resources available and you can get a CD-ROM (or photocopies) of all the magazines.  I seem to recall a few great articles on teachers working with children creating homemade and found sound instruments.

You might want to check out the Kennedy Center site for ideas/lessons, http://artsedge.kennedy-center.org/

Hope this helps!

Sean Murphy

Being:Art LLC