Re: Tabletop loopers

Normally, if there is a hardware solution and the person said, "I
don't want to use a laptop." I wouldn't touch it but I did translate
the "I'm not a computer guy" phrase with the "Max MSP" bit to mean
he's not up for trying to build the thing in Max himself.

I'll give a plus one to the Electroharmonix loopers though if you
want a tabletop solution.  Hell, I'll even go as far as to suggest a
used Electrix Repeater if you can find one at a decent price on
Ebay.  Either is going to be less expensive than a laptop, MaxMSP and
a JazzMutant Lemur.

but but but... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbewC2OPFGA

That makes me drool.  ALL HAIL THE UNIVERSAL TOOL OF AWESOMENESS!

Truthfully though, when I'm using Mobius it's interface is on a
separate monitor and to me it's indistinguishable from a piece of
rack gear being controlled by my Behringer FCB1010.  The FCB1010 is
dedicated to Mobius as is the monitor.  I've got a second FCB1010
that only controls Amplitube X-GEAR and KORE 2/Remote25 SL to mess
with synths.  The only thing that pushed me away from gear (you've
seen my old rig) is that I discovered "virtual" patching and I can't