Re: Musica Optica 2007

Hi Raul,
Yes, it was absolutely hard to improvise to static pictures and images
which were being thrown at us at random without us knowing what would come
and how long they would remain on the screen! i remember suggesting that
we do it the other way around,pictures improvisation to our music because
it would interfere with the dynamics of our improvisations(which often
did).but the other 2 guys (who dont loop) thought it would be more
interesting this way.For me it was really strange constantly looking at a
screen while playing my instument and dealing with all the gear to bring
to improvise soemthing that would fit the image and bring emotion to the
static images being treated with efx only,it was not relaxing at all.I
remeber the sax player often wispering at me as i was begining to lost
myself in the music buiding a loop "luis the screen has changed";-).It
felt like stopping abruptly before an orgasm;.) The funny thing is that at
the end even though i was the
 only one looping and with the most equipment the other musicians told me
it was really exhausting for them as well;-))) so we all went and got
drunk!
Luis

www.myspace.com/luisangulocom