Re: AW: elec gtr setup - to simplify

Although, in partial support of Rainer's comments, albeit controversial, I
have met and heard many pro players who aren't picky gear heads, and will
play through anything you give them and sound freakin' great. Their style
and caliber of playing transcends the gear.  I'm quite certain that if you
gave John McLaughin a cheap $100 Crate guitar amp, he would still sound
like
John McLaughlin.  The tone won't be the same, but he playing and style
will
be. John has played through Marshall stacks in the Mahavishnu days, Roland
JC amps, and even direct in the board via a processor...it's always sounds
like John, man (the scalloped frets don't hurt!). :)    The pros don't
play
through the crappy gear becaus they don't have to. But if they did, they
would still shine.

Kris