Re: AW: elec gtr setup - to simplify

i dont think anybody is blaming technology itself,i think is just
dissaproving of false advertisment which a lot of companies are profiting
from,claiming tweed fenders,mesa boogies,fuzzboxes analog fuuzes univibes
etc.all nicely packed in a micro light pocket plastic device to go
straight into the P.A. All of them are well aware that nobody nowdays want
to carry bulky equipment but want to sound like their idols,so they give
you crappy loud presets so you get a hard on and think you bought the
right stuff.Now,if you have been working on tone for 30 years like Bill
and know how good something real sounds, offcourse you are going to have a
hardtime downgrading just because is small and portable.If you dont know
the difference and just play as a hobbist you are going to think
guitarrist looking for the answer should not wine and retire.
Guitar remains one of the most popular instrument and a lot of companies
are there to make a buck while it lasts, making you think you are going to
sound amazing live with a Pandora or Zoom G.2 or a plugin with great
graphics of the old gear.(Thats not to say that that you couldnt sound
good,a good musician could sound good with a ping pong ball)thats why i
support Chris statement that "its virtual and its different" and thats why
companies should probably stop naming the stuff after what they are trying
to model and give it a different name because it aint gonna sound the same
ever.(but then they wouldnt make a buck;-)
bottom line remains how far we are willing to make the compromise of sound
for comfort.But companies that are listening to critical professional
musicians who know the difference (instead of hobbie ones) might make it
possible someday for serious musicians to make that compromise.
Luis