Re: AW: elec gtr setup - to simplify

Perfectly put Rainer.  The person was clearly asking how they might
simplify their guitar set up and whether or not you think it's good,
computers are a valid way of taking something that used to weigh 2000
lb (400 lb of that was cables) and make it into something that weighs
50 lbs.

Now, in a perfect world I'd have a huge studio peppered with tons of
beautiful audio gear.  Enough of it so that I'd never have to repatch
anything!  Need another looper?  Buy one for each instrument!   Good
old tube amplifiers can indeed be an amazing thing.  They can also be
noisy temperamental beasts.  They're also expensive, bulky and
heavy.  In my imperfect world I have a small room in a condo and I
use software to get the job done.  Don't like it?  Don't do it.

Anyway, you can say what you like about computer gear and software,
but it's here to stay.  I've come here from the future to tell you
that in 2109 your guitar rig will plug into the back of your skull
and in a moment you'll feel exactly the same experience as if you
were in Electric ladyland studio using Jimi Hendrix's gear.  Don't
even ask what the groupie.app will do.