Re: AW: elec gtr setup - to simplify

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 12:35 AM, Dan Ash <Daniel.Ash@verizon.net> wrote:
> I'm not sure whether this dimension of the discussion has been
>highlighted

> Finally, I'm working on a laptop solution which will eventually eliminate
> the hardware-based modeling amp - Amplitube II seems to be as good as
>any of
> them and I got a license for stupid-cheep.

--> On software
I too like AmpliTube II and use it regularly. But I would rather say
it has a distinct sound of its own! The Jimi Hendrix edition and the
Metal edition are very different though. Some guitarist friends I
respect say that Eleven (RTAS plug-in for Pro Tools) "is even better".
I have not tried Eleven myself and I'm not sure what they mean by
that, maybe they simply mean that you can simulate more classic rigs
with Eleven, and that I know is true. I have also tried NI Guitar Rig,
but personally I prefer the sound of AmplitTube II JH. For recording
production I can sometimes have good results with Guitar Amp Pro of
Logic's, but not yet as a live solution.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)