Re: audio to midi vst plugins

Buzap Buzap schrieb:
> Ok, fair enough question ;-)
> Let me explain:
> My crazy vision was to think through if it would be technically possible
> a) play a live audio loop
> b) let melodyne etc. create a midi file out of it
> c) have some tool harmonically / rhythmically analyze the midi file
> d) let the computer play some generative music (i.e. with Noatkl)
>accompanying your live loop...

You are asking for a Max/MSP solution. There are objects which can
analyse your loop, store the result internally and process it further.
Your concept is actually interesting, because latency won't be a problem
there. Usually if you want to track pitch in realtime, there is latency.
But if you analyse while recording and only need a result when the loop
is recorded, this is much easier. Its somthing inbetween realtime and
non-realtime...

Stefan

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------