Re: Is looping an effect, a instrument or something else?

Hi !

I am writing about guitarist and looper Eivind Aarset, and when I try to
understand how and what he does, I think I must put into words; what an
instrument is, what effects are, and what looping is. So I posted this,
thinking I could get some ideas from you. Thanks!

http://www.guitarplayer.com/article/eivind-aarset/jul-08/86529

There is one more thing, I have studied Aarset music and his liveconserts
and read interviews, but I lack some topic to discuss regarding; player,
instruments and electronics. Boysen, wrote something like this;
electronics can be used to change the sound of an instrument - or it can
be used as a another way of playing, and Where would you put Aarset
regarding this?

Best regards Rune F