Re: more VG-99 questions

What sim says is definitely true when you're using the internal modeling on the VG, but may not be so when using it as a MIDI trigger for external sounds. I've never used it in this capacity, but from what others have said, I think you should assume that as a MIDI-trigger device the 99's a basic, even sort of stripped-down, version of all other MIDI guitars, and will behave the same way.
dc