Re: New Member - Buying Advice and Opinions Sought

Rob, I have the same setup you do live.  Acoustic guitar and
vocals...that's
it.

What I do is mic the inside of the guitar (it's actually a lavalier type
mic
that I wired into my guitar.) I then sing into the soundhole for effects.
The out put of the guitar gets eq'd then goes into an H20 chorus/reverb
then
into Gibson Echoplex and into the board.  I love the echoplex because of
the
multiply function-make a small loop on stage--voila! nice long loop
synched
with another series of something-er-other twice as long.

Prior to that (and still on occasion), I used the Boomerang +.  It works
well but isn's as versatile as the Echoplex on stage.  Tweaked properly,
it's not that noisy.

I've thought about chaing the stage setup and mixing the vocal mic and the
guitar through a small 2 channel mixer and going that route but I still
like
the soundhole effect as it looks cool and people wonder "what is that guy
doing?"

You can check out
http://www.bloggingmuses.com/2007/02/14/songwriters-spice-up-your-performances-with-live-looping/

as check out the article there. KT Tunstall has her setup diagramed plus a
youtube peformance showing it in action.  Might help you see what can be
done.

Hope this helps!

~peace~
Plish