Re: list reply-to weirdness involving yahoo mail

Hi Tim and everyone,

This issue has been discussed here before and those messages can be
found in the list archives. Here's the deal as I understand and remember
it:

The LD mailing list software adds a Reply-To: header to messages before
forwarding them to the list. This header contains the loopers-delight
mailing list address. That way replies go to the list.

The problem is that the mailing list software will not replace an
existing Reply-To header, nor will it add a new one if that header
already exists in a message.

The only way that the software can do its job correctly is if the
messages that you send to the list do not contain a Reply-To: header.
That means in your webmail or mail client you need to make sure that the
Reply-To setting in your LD account is blank.

Most people don't need to use a Reply-To address in their email
configuration, and you should be able to set your yahoo email account to
not use it.

Peace,
- Sam Nilsson