New Echoplex

Hey all,

New to the list, but I need some help.

I just recently bought an EDP and had it shipped over from the states
to the UK. First night got it home, powered it up and it worked
perfectly. Went away on business for a week and when i returned i
powered it up, recorded a loop and got this horrific white noise (ish)
sound coming out of it. It seems if I leave it for a while its ok, but
i bought an EDP for its reliability.

Is this a common problem? Is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Daniel