Re: Oud tunings

Jeff as you know  from our initial discussions i'm using the Turkish/Armenian Tim ref's EABead.  If Torn plays standard on guitar I would bet he uses this or possibly is torquing this one to near guitar as it's not far away.  I think however using these intervals gives some really wonderful textures.  With my guitars I largely work in DADGAD and had  givenn some thought to using DADFAD which I had found in my research however I've been a fan of EABead in my time iwth the oud and continue to be.  At the recent NYC Fretless Guitar Fest which I performed on both guitar and oud, another musician/fretless player there Edward Powell who is also an oudist in addition to being a luthier, had suggested dropping the low E string down to B which I haven't tried as yet so tuing BABead.  I'm not sure with the nylon string how well the E to B would tone but it might become more usful percussively from it's looseness.  Hope you are digging it...