tour planning

hey Jim, really nice playing again last night. I LOVED when you kicked
in the reverse, about 28 minutes in. Lots of other good stuff too.

I'm trying to figure out my schedule for the tour. What time does your
plane come in on Thursday the 16th? I'll pick you up, then if time
permits I could take you to Jeff's to get settled, and then we could get
some dinner before heading to Echo Curio. I can drive you back to Jeff's
that night then before I head down to Long Beach.

Friday's a bit complicated, as I may want to go out to my friend Andy's
place in Indio (in the desert an hour east of Riverside) to pick up the
speaker for my PA. I'm going to try to borrow a speaker up in SF so we
don't need to do this, but if I can't then we'll need to get it to use
in Lodi. So I'm thinking maybe I can come pick you up in the morning, we
can do lunch in Hollywood or something, then drive way out to the desert
and then back to Riverside for our gig. If we don't need to go to Indio,
I'll probably hang out in Long Beach with my friend then can pick you up
maybe 4:00 in the afternoon. That night then we'll both stay with Jeff
and leave early in the morning.

Saturday we'll spend the day in Lodi. That evening I'm either going to
go to Santa Cruz for the fest, or to Oakland to see a friend of mine in
a play. I imagine you'll want to take advantage of some more time with
Layne. I'll probably stay in San Francisco that night.

Then on Sunday, if I didn't see the play Saturday night, I'd like to see
it in the afternoon. It'll finish up around 4:30, and then it's about an
hour drive down to Santa Cruz, which would get us there in plenty of
time for our 8:00 spot. I wouldn't have time to come all the way up to
Lodi, though. So if you could find a way to get to Oakland, that'd be
one possibility (you take BART from Pittsburg, about an hour from Lodi).
The other would be for you to keep the car on Saturday night, if I
decide not to go to Santa Cruz. In that case, I'd just need you to give
me a ride from Lodi to Pittsburg on Saturday after we're done playing.
Then on Sunday you could just pick me up on the way down to Santa Cruz.

Sunday-Monday is the tough part. I'd really like to stay a little while
after our performance, at least to see Kevin Kissinger who goes on at 10
p.m. I'd also like to attend the brunch on Monday. I know you want
Monday to spend with Layne, so I'm trying to figure out how best to work
this. I can crash in Santa Cruz on Sunday night, I think, and I can take
an Amtrak train to Sacramento which gets me there at 7:40 Monday night.
That's a little tight before our 8:30 gig, but I think it can work.

You fly out Monday night, correct? Or did you get a Tuesday flight?

I'll try to figure out what I want to do that Saturday night soon. I
know this is a lot to plan! let me know what time you get in and fly
out, and any thoughts on the other stuff.