Re: loopers-delight-off-topic@googlegroups.com

Wholeheartadly agree with Mr Boysen, this subject comes up once a year.Personally Any forums I have been a member of I have always fallen out of.

LD has been like this for 10 years, and the illustrious Mr Flint has here an immense resource in the archives. Its almost a tradition to be like this!

True the system is a bit clunky nowadays, but as Per points out, with Gmail as your client, it IS a forum!!! If you don't use gmail I suggest you give it a try, and see the diff

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 12:44 PM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 10:11 AM, marcus kirby <nrvana8775@gmail.com> wrote:
> A bulletin board would be much more useful than a mailing list :X

It would be interesting to hear why?

I'm still under the presumption that a mailing list is more useful,
for the following reasons:

- Any user can chose what e-mail client to use. This also leads into...
- Easy and fast ways to search for information.
- Totally customizable regarding how the individual prefers to sort
and keep track of posts.
- Good online readers available, gmail being the leader right now.
- Good offline readers available so one can read the posts and compose
ones own replies when not being close to an internet node.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)