Re: Bloom - generative music app for iPod and iPhone

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 4:18 AM, Warren Sirota <wsirota@wsdesigns.com>
wrote:
> Where Chilvers is subtle, I am anything but.... this discussion brings
> to mind all that remains of an interactive Max patch that I was
> playing (in the most meta of senses) at the time is this recording:
> http://www.warrensirota.com/SoloStuff/DarkeningOfTheLight.mp3. It was
> a midi-generating program, realized through an Ensoniq VFX.

I'm finding that music interesting! The musical material is definitely
sharp, even though the Ensoniq could have cared for some assistance by
some other sound devices ;-)

> that 6-minute generated piece is part of fairly long collage that I
> assembled some years ago, btw, that consists mainly of loops I made
> when writing the first EDP manual. i was using a variety of guitar
> processors that were passing through my hands as I was writing ad copy
> and reviews and such. That can be heard at
> http://www.warrensirota.com/SoloStuff/Hexagrams2.mp3

Nice stuff as well! It sound like you're having lots of fun inside
those MIDI boxes! The sparse guitar part is beautiful (playing over a
looper) In all this stuff I like the dramatic attitude. The feel of
instant transition sort of makes up for some of the cheesy MIDI box
sounds, even making those sounds work well musically with a certain
tongue-in-cheek attitude. Holy Crap!!! Listening while typiing.... I
just heard Godzilla Step On Bambi!!!!   Awesome! You don't hear stuff
like this on Swedish radio!

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen