AW: My Experience of Y2K8

> I meant streaming video live from the event. A few years ago, I streamed
audio live. It would be cool to provide a multi-media experience to those
who
> can't attend.  Even cooler, it might be fun to host a few remote featured
performers. That would be even easier, using any of the instant messengers
that

I believe you streamed all of the performances (technical hurdles allowing)
from the 05 and 06 festivals - I myself listened to most of 05 here from
Germany. And of course, in 06 we had remote performances in the kybermusik
event.

I also believe (but Krispen, could you please comment on that) that at this
year's BEMF3, a local radio station had streamed all of the main festival
performances to the internet as part of their own programme. Perhaps
something like this (i.e. a third party doing it) might be a possibility
for
future Y2Kloopfests?

As for the ressources to use: there are dedicated services like
http://www.ligx.de/ (German service) which specialize specifically on
streaming live (music) concerts as audio/video (flash). I had been in
contact with that specific service some time ago in their pre-productive
phase, and we also discussed the possibility to work with remote featured
performers linked together (a la kybermusik with video).

        Rainer