O.T. McCOY TYNER "GUITARS"

sometimes things just fall together in a nice way: 60th. birthday, gift certificate from my wonderful daugther, review of "GUITARS" in guitar player mag.....i seldom if ever buy cds so i thought what the heck, how can you miss with: mccoy tyner (piano), ron carter (bass), jack dejohnette (drums) and bela fleck, bill frisell, marc ribot, john scofield and derek trucks on guitars.....sweet!.....i didn't read the cover so i thought it was a 2 cd set.....put in the second cd and my player would not read it, FREAK OUT, it took all my energy to leave my casa to get this cd and now here it is half missing, it's not easy being an agoraphobic/xenopohbic.....:).....anyway, the second cd was a dvd of the sessions, outstanding.....to watch the ease with which these MONSTERS interacted was a joy, plus i don't have
to go out again to boot!.....THANK GOD.....if you ever see me in public, you know i don't want to be there.....what i did find interesting about the music was the fact that the "vocabulary" of jazz guitar seems limited IMHO.....don't get me wrong, i love jazz guitar, always have, always will but there wasn't a BITRMAN to be heard and i do love the SKANK (the beeps and boops).....bottom line: great straight ahead jazz, wonderful playing, fantastic to see it happening, worth every penny ($16.99).....i'm sure there are a few guitar players on this list (and piano, drums and bass) so give it a listen and look see, i think you will enjoy.....time to go make sure my doors are locked!.....michael

"when a gorilla looks into a mirror he doesn't expect to see a butterfly"..... kenneth patchen

new groovy tunes at:
http://www.myspace.com/klobuchar10
www.ct-collective.com

Play online games for FREE at Games.com! All of your favorites, no registration required and great graphics – check it out! (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1211202682x1200689022/aol?redir= http://www.games.com?ncid=emlcntusgame00000001)