Re: Firewire audio interface recommendations

hi nick,

i use the audiofire2 with a macbook (not pro), power feeded from the computer and i plug my guitar (with active electronics) directly into one of the analog inputs of the audiofire2. nothing more, no additional preamp, no DI or ID ;-) ... the sound of the guitar is tweaked inside the computer.... no hum, noise at noticeable levels... quality.

going for the smallest setup, if you don't need the preamp, then a2 is the best shot.

also conversion in the echo seems to be one of the most accurate (as is general agreement in related forums) among those brands we've named here.

go for it
.002