Re: Y2k8

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 10:37 PM,  <kkissinger@kevinkissinger.com> wrote:

>  The
> other issue is that the theremin's attack is relatively slow and it can
>be
> hard to hear the precise location of the "beat".  My plan is to
>incorporate
> some other instrument into my looping -- perhaps a small keyboard synth
>that
> will allow me to lay down patterns that are a little "punchier" over
>which I
> can add theremin lines.

Or you could add an effect pedal, a tremolo, a gate or a filter bank
that does both, to run the thermin through. Now and then you could
kick in the effect an have it chop up your theremin howlings into
"punchier" chunks. Or "do the sus substitute thing" in the looper.
That would not add much weight to your baggage ;-)

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)