Re: Moog Guitar

I'm pretty sure the technology is gonna be done cheaper by somebody else in a few years.  I think it's a f'n cool guitar.  I didn't get that it was that close to being a slide guitar.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2008 8:23 PM
Subject: Moog Guitar

Has anyone tried out one of the Moog Guitars?  http://www.moogmusic.com/moogguitar/

At first glance, $6K seems like a lot for a one-trick pony. I can create more interesting sounds when I plug my guitar into my laptop and use max/msp.  Now that I think of it, the sound clips on the moog website make it sound like just an over glorified slide guitar or guitar using an ebow. I was expecting some fat moog like sounds coming out of a guitar...like a Roland GR300 but a lot better.

Kris