Re: Software Loopers and Hardware Loopers

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 12:17 AM, Krispen Hartung
<info@krispenhartung.com> wrote:
> Here is an interesting correlation, maybe. In past years, I noticed that
> avant-garde, experiemental loopers tended to use more laptops. Remember
> year when Jeff Kaiser and I played together? There were a lot more laptop
> users then, if my recollection is correct.  This year, I felt as there
> fewer avant-garde loopers...explaining less laptops? I am not sure. This
> just a hypothosis. Personally, I liked it when you brought in more of
>the outside players, Rick.

Kris, did you by "outside loopers" mean people that make music out of
the box, ie looking for new land rather than sticking with a
tradition? If so I have no comment. But if "outside loopers" means
players coming from outside the US there is a simple logistic
explanation: Expensive flight tickets for gear and rigid security
regulations just rule out players armed with hardware boxes, leaving
the laptoppers to swarm the air.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
(former EDP/Repeater/filterbank/mixer hauler now swarming with the
laptop locust)