Re: OT: VOTE GODDAMIT!!

> if someone came to you with a resume that indicated that on EVERY
> job they had before

This sorta strikes at something I've been thinking about...When palin
came on the scene, the chatter was that people liked her because "she
was like them" or "like a neighbor."  Bush was a "guy you could have
a beer with" (uh, except he's an alcoholic...).
I'm longing for a simple re-framing of this process from "friend" to
"co-worker."  I mean, Palin might be kinda fun to have as neighbor or
comrade (heh, heh), but I'd like people who think of her as a
"friend" to ask themselves "would I want to work with this person? as
a boss? as a subordinate?"
It just seems that if you are going to boil this choice down to
something you can relate to in your tiny world, as something that's
intimate or familiar, the work reference just seems WAY more relevant
than the friend reference....

Pete.