DEEPEST THANKS to the staff of the Y2K8 International Live LoopingFestival and it's supporters

Because I went on an ambitious 2 month european looping solo tour this
summer
(which took me about 6 months of preparation and an additional month of
decompression)
to accomplish,   I had much less time to produce the Y2K8 Looping
festival than in the past five years
or so.

Consequently,  I was really exhausted when it was over and am just now
finally coming back to
my energetic, upbeat self.

What I have sorely neglected to do in that decompression phase is to
properly thank all the people who made this
festival the best one we've ever had from an artistic standpoint (we had
less that record numbers of audience this year
but some of that is attributable to the downturn in the world economy I
think).

Anway,      This amazing community event would not have happened with
out the incredibly selfless dedication of the following
people who were my staff this year:

THANKS to my STAFF:

Ted Killian      Festival graphics designer/poster designer/t-shirt
designer  (who worked for no fee whatsoever)
Krispen Hartung    Our intrepid webmaster for www.y2kloopfest.com
our home base for the festival  (who worked for no fee)
Chris Roberts (aka CPR)  Who hosts our website for free
Megabyte Mike     Our hardworking sound man (who redesigned our sound
system for the first time in 8 years)
Jeff Sloan             The sound engineer for the world famous Kuumbwa
Jazz Center who came in at the last minute and helped out
                            with everything that needed to be done from
room preparation to sound mixing augmentation to dragging a large
                            latter to refocus the room lights all the
way to and from the Kuumbwa
Rodent              Our wonderful stage manager  who did his job so well
that I hardly noticed him this year................that says volumes
Chris Cohn,      who manned and coordinated the door and concession tables
Gretchen McPherson      who manned the door and did the concessions with
the help of a few other volunteers
Glenn Smith     Who helped out with logistics, transportation, taking
shifts on the door and was an overall mensch
Bill Walker     Who provided part of the sound system and loaded in an
out (and who provided housing to three visiting artists)
Chris Wedertz and
Nancy Levan         Who provided housing,    food,   cleaned the venue,
and loaded out at the end and were
                             just wonderfully supportive spouses to Bill
and I when we were overwhelmed with it all which happened a lot!
Mark Hamburg     For being our wonderful festival photographer.    He
and Ted came all the way from Washington and Oregon to accomplish this.
Bob Beede        For making the huge festival posters for free at
Gavilan College where he runs the Digital Media Center
Michael Horne     For graciously letting us rent his intimate facility.

Thanks for FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTIONS

I would also like to profusely thank the extreme generosity of

Bob Amstadt (our festival sponsor and owner of Looperlative)
Bill Putnam   (owner of Universal Audio)
Jeff Larson    (coder of Mobius,   the freeware version of the Gibson
Echoplex)

I was also overwhelmed by the generosity of the entire community who
responded quickly and generously, financially,
when I posted that we had recieved only 10%  of past donations for the
festival this year.

All of these people contributed money which allowed the festival to pay
it's staff and,   what a concept,   me for at least a part of
the many weeks I dedicated to the festival.    This was a first and it
was such a relief to not go into the red as I was sure was going to happen
this year.

I'd like to thank  (in descending order of their financial contribution):

James Whittmore
John Johnson (aka JRJ)
Sjaak Overgaauw    (who will producing the first Live Looping Festival
in Belgium next summer)
Xavier of Gordius
Mark Francombe   (who though having to cancel his festival appearance at
the last moment due to unfortunate health issues with his
                                wife in Norway,  still contributed very
generously
Todd Renolds
Kevin Kissinger
Art Simon
Harry Weinberg
David Sackman
David Gans
Stan Card
Jim Goodin
Matthias Grob
Daniel Ash

and all the people who bought T-shirts, whose proceeds helped us out
too, this year.

This is an amazing community..................................if I
failed to mention anyone,    please write me off list and I'll correct
that ASAP