Re: Re> OT: new macbook rant

Per Boysen schrieb:
 > You still have the option to pick up the AppleCare protection plan
 > until one year after the purchase.

I still think its an expensive insurance, which even doesn't cover theft
or physical harm. I think you can get cheaper assurance which covers
more. In case of need you might have more bureaucratic to fulfill though...

Warren Sirota schrieb:
> yet when i spoke to applecare about my current laptop, they said "logic
> board replacements are fairly rare". i find this a bit hard to believe.

It is hard to believe, whenever I came across a broken hardware on
Powerbooks, they replaced the motherboard in 100% of the cases, even if
it wasn't broken (same error after the "repair", because it probably was
a broken cable...).

I guess that most people asking for help just have software problems.
The high price for applecare is probably much more a service contract
than an insurance...

If you don't know computers get AppleCare, if you know, get an insurance...

Stefab

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------