Re: rc-50 a/b switch

> I was reading your loopers-delight comment about using the a/b switch
> song parts in multi-mode.  So, how did that go in performance?

Yeah, I mentioned the RC-50 A/B Switch ("Mixed Mode"):
- Use RC-50 in Multi-Mode (Tempo Sync, no Rhythm Guide)
- Route Loop1 -> Main OUT
- Route Loop2 -> Sub OUT
- Route Loop3 -> Main+Sub OUT
- Use A/B Pedal to switch between Main/Sub Out (=Loops 1+3 or 2+3)

Haven't used the RC-50 that much in real performance, nevertheless some
impressions concerning performance:
The "mixed mode" is my favorite loop template on the RC-50. I set a basic
rhythm on Loop3, define A-Part on Loop 1 (sort of works like multiply),
then create Part-B on Loop2 and take it from there.

Even in situations where I could use the SingleMode with 2 loops, I often
prefer the MixedMode: In SingleMode (w/out Sync) you have to really time
your switching perfectly. But when you switch in MixedMode - since the
beat is running- you don't miss the beat.

The only real drawback are loops of different length on Loop1 / Loop2:
Sometimes you switch back from Loop2 to Loop1 - and you start off in the
middle of the Loop! So it's a bit of a risky business...

What is also nice is that you can manipulate the loop you are not hearing
(i.e. reverse, change volume etc.) while you are playing the other loop.

best regards
Buzap
--
Sensationsangebot nur bis 30.11: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a