Re: Performing as a solo looper?

The looping part is irrelevant to getting gigs, for the most part.  It's the type of music you're playing.  If you make experimental/avant garde/out there music (without getting bogged down in a discussion of what those terms mean), you need to find venues and performance opportunities that are open to that.  If you're doing jazz standards, you go to those places.  No one cares much what gear you use to make your music, just that it fills their musical expectations for the evening.

Personally, I play acoustic guitar instrumentals, really bland normal stuff by the standards of this list, so I play restaurants and coffeeshops.  I just tell them I do acoustic guitar instrumentals and have my own PA.  They almost always want you to be the sole entertainment for the evening though, so two sets is the minimum.

TH