Re: ART Regular Output vs. Inspiration

Dear Sjaak,

I couldn't have said it better in my native tongue (and I certainly
couldn't even attempt it in Flemish, German or French so mad
props to you for being quadralinqual).

The one thing I find since you mentioned that your
Camp I personality is your perfectionist personality,
it that the biggest problem I see amongst all artists is
that their editing faculties outweigh their creative faculties.

We, of course, need both to create (viz a vis  Einstein's quote that
"Genius is 2% inspiration and 98% perspiration) but
the western culture paradigm seems increasingly to promote
judgment and over cautiousness amongst it's artists.

My theory is that this over judgemental/over cautious mentality amongst
artists (and increasingly amongst younger artists in the are I live in)
is a casualty of a culture that has become increasingly mass media
dominated.   At the local bars that I go to,  I am hearing student
conversations that are almost entirely dominated by discussions about
various forms of media,  from recorded music media to movies to video
games,
etc.

This is,  at least anecdotally, a huge change from when I was a student
back in the early 70's.    In those days,  media (mostly music) was
discussed a lot, but so was philosophy, spirituality, science, history,
literature.

In a way,  it is what it is as we do live in an increasingly media
dependent
and media saturated society,   but the output of younger artists seems to
have dramatically dropped off (ironically at the same time).   In our
region, the number of places that a young musical group can perform has
also
(and perhaps commensorately) dropped off.

I used to tell young bands (when I was making part of my living as a
'champagne living on a beer budget, music business advisor to local
groups)
that I didn't think a band could really call itself a band until it had
50 live shows under it's belt (how else do you learn how to do a
soundcheck
under bad circumstances; get a great stage sound when your monitors are
shit, etc.).  You could accomplish this by aggressively booking yourself
and
playing local free parties in a years time in the early 80's.   Nowadays,
it
could take you 10 years in this particular town to book 50 shows.

I ramble a bit,  but my point is that the CAMP 2 approach seems to be the
best approach just to merely conteract these trends.

That being said and done,  I should quit babbling and get back to the
video
that I'm almost finished with.

By the way,   mad kudos to Per Boysen for being so active and sharing so
much of his music with this community.   You are really inspiring me, Per,
and it's not the first time that I've felt this way.   That latest piece
is
very cool.  Thanks.

rick