Re: Gordius foot controller user experiences

Rainer Straschill wrote:
> I'd like to ask for user experiences with the Gordius foot
> controllers, more specifically the Little Giant:
>
> * General experience

1) It's simply the most powerful Midi controller you'll ever find.
   With loop-specific capabilities being added as I type.
2) Setup is not difficult, but does need manual reading.
3) Much more transportable than the fcb1010
4) CC from pedals is very smooth.
5) Support is excellent.
6) Well built.
7) Very low latency, faster than fcb1010

Xavier is very attentive to his customers,
and responds very quickly to sensible feature requests.
(also responds quickly to non-sensible requests on occasion )

> * Button click noise: how does it range on a scale from 1 (you won't
> hear it even when performing 4:33) to 10 (you'd hear it even when
> performing with Motörhead)

Perfect, 2 scenarios that would never need midi.

If you press slowly, it's silent.
If you press quick enough for rhythmically accurate looping then
it's audible, particularly the release of the switch.
In volume, it's slightly louder than the tap on the EH Stereo Memory Man,
but not as loud as the Bypass.

> * can it be powered via USB?

no,
not possible with the high brightness screen

> Thanks,
welcome

andy butler