Re: Augustus Loop 2.0 scripting question.

>> --> Os,
>> will there be a listing published of how to write the Augustus Looper
>> commands/functions/parameters in LUA?
>
> There's 7 pages on this in the manual, starting at page 56.

Yes, but didn't mean that. I meant that there is no listing what the
looper's commands has to look like when phrased in Lua. As for an
example: should I write "Master Feedback", "MasterFeedback" or simply
"Feedback" in my script? The Scripting is well explained by the
manual, but not all the other commands of Augustust Loop that doesn't
happen to be used in some example script. Below are two examples of
function that I wasn't able to target by modifying the "multilooper"
script:

--> example 1:
local paramID_ReverseLoop       = getParameterID( "Reverse Loop" )

--
local function toggleReverseCurrentLoop( channel, noteNumber, velocity )
        local v = getOthersParameter( currentLoop, paramID_ReverseLoop )

requestNoteOn( 5, toggleReverseCurrentLoop )

---> example 2:
local paramID_MasterFeedback    = getParameterID( "Master Feedback" )

--
local function handleMasterFeedback( channel, cc, value )
        local v = getOthersParameter( currentLoop, paramID_MasterFeedback )

requestCC( 12, handleMasterFeedback )
__________________________________

None of these worked, so I must have made a mistake?

> If on the other hand you wanted to just use the MIDI channel to direct
> messages to a specific looper, you could do that too (e.g. use the OSC
> port offset as the MIDI channel id and compare the values in the
> script)

YES! Very smart! But I can hear that it means some six hours for me to
find out about how to do that in praxis and it has to wait. (I don't
even know where to look for the "OSC port number". I saw something
that defaulted to 7000 but everything worked fine when I changed it to
"1" so I didn't notice what it did. The fastest way to learn something
like this, I think, is to fiddle around; change one thing to see what
happens etc. The manual is good but I'm worried about what isn't there
and that I don't even know about ;-)

> but not in Live, since Live passes all MIDI messages in to
> plug-ins on channel 1, regardless of what channel they were sent on.
> (I don't know why.)

Wow, I didn't know about that! Weird. Doesn't make any sense. Maybe
that odd behavior can be used for something... when you know about it?
I stopped using Live long ago, but for other reasons.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)