(OT) Re: Alternate Guitar Tunings

Howdy,

One tuning that I use ALL OF THE TIME . . . and seldom see on any charts
(exactly) for one reason or another is:

C,G,D,G,B,D

Or raise it a half step:

C#,G#,D#,G#,C,D#

I's just like open G (or open G# if raised a half step) but with a Sus 4
on the bottom.

There are a lot of tunings on those charts that will have 5 out of the 6
strings like mine but differ by just one string.

I love the ready dissonance that's always available between the bass
string and the 5th string.

That's what I've used for about a dozen years now (or some transposed
variant thereof).

Just thought I'd pipe in with my 2 cents.

Cheers,

Ted

--
tEd ® kiLLiAn

Man is the only animal that can remain on friendly terms with the victims
he intends to eat until he eats them. – Samuel Butler (1835 - 1902)

http://www.pfmentum.com/PFMCD007.html
http://www.CDbaby.com/cd/tedkillian
http://www.guitar9.com/fluxaeterna.html
http://guitarplayer.com/article/y2k6-international-live/Jun-07/27768

Ted Killian's "Flux Aeterna" is also available at Apple iTunes